Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm just the responding variable.



Interesting topic today, English and Mathematics will be tought in Bahasa again. As for me, it has been a great experience struggling to learn maths and other science subjects in English. I could understand it well eventhough my SPM result are telling me the other way round. HAHAHA. Actually, it was really interesting as well as easy to learn especially science subject such as Biology, Chemistry and Physics in english. I found out that it is a little bit easier to read and understand when I'm reading...err, non-academic book at MPH or wherever, because I already understood the terms that they use. So i just have to figure out the concept or whatever lahh. Many of the books outthere are in English. I don't have to translate the terms as I learned it in english. As for me, those science terms are quite funny when it is being translated to Bahasa Melayu. As an example, the 'unknown' = 'anu' in Bahasa Melayu. There are a lot more terms that sounds funny. I was laughing out loud in the library when I found out the meaning. Nevermind. Just telling you my thoughts. Hmm, I don't know what to say, for some people it is a a turning point for them as they can really understand what they learn in class when those subjects are being teach in Bahasa Melayu again soon. The important thing is, the 'P&P' process. 'Pengajaran dan Pembelajaran'. rasanya. It is important for the teacher to make sure that their students understand the topic that they teached. Right? And one more, I think for those teacher who find it difficult to teach their subjects in english, this might be the most exciting news for you. Because not all the teacher teached me 100% in english. Personally, I don't mind that. I could understand better when they explained it in Bahasa Melayu. "My english is also not good mehh. Dont worry lah teacher". Some of them might say, "Susah nak ajar dalam english. Budak2 tak paham, kite ni lagi lah nya.Pening dibuatnya". Even worst, one of my teacher was crying and asked to teach other class, other subject because we could'nt understand what she was saying! It was a nightmare for her. She did'nt enter our class since that. Replaced by a new teacher. Well, thats all for now. Lastly, shout out to all my teachers. I want to thank them for their hardwork, teaching me and my friends, their courage to stand in front of the class eventhough they know that their english is poor, their willingness to teach us even we were quite playful in class. You deserve one of the highest rank in everybody's heart. You gave me a wonderful experience in school. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment